I think this is why more of us who have actually taught need to go into
leadership positions. When we love to teach and can't imagine anything else,
it's a hard leap to make BUT, if we all stay put in the classroom, we don't
have people who understand the real work that needs to be done in classrooms.

I used to get upset when people would tell me that it's a shame when a good
teacher like me leaves the classroom.

Now I just respond with the thought that school leaders need to be good
teachers first...
Sent from my iPhone