Yes, I've used it with beginning teachers in my teacher ed program.  Their
main project is a case study using a wide range of authentic assessment
practices including observations/anecdotal notes.  The comprehension rubrics
are not always used more formally. In fact of course many of these beginning
teachers are not in settings which use good approaches to assessment.  But
they can see the usefulness and it helps them supplement things like
retellings which are often simplistic in my view.  They learn to listen
differently, add these to their anecdotal notes etc.  We haven't actually
used the text passages themselves.
Sally