yes, you can easily get a 1BP drop between multiple runs.

if you want to do experiments and report BLEU scores then people
really need to do multiple runs and report on averages, along with
variances.  i think from no-one i'm going to start penalising papers i
get to review if people don't do something about this

(and i do a lot of reviewing ...)

Miles

2010/1/11 李贤华 <08lixian...@gmail.com>:
> hi,
>
> Thanks for you quick response.
> But, will this cause a drop of BLEU, like, 0.5 point?
> I thinks that's too much...
>
> I have run my baseline experiments three times, and got three different
> results.
> The results for test set are: 0.2798, 0.2741, 0.2790.
> The first is run on server1 previously,
> the second and the third are run recently,
> while the second is run on server2, and the third is run on server1.
>
> Now I don't know what is my baseline.
>

> Regards,
>
> Lee Xianhua

> 2010-01-11

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.