Hi
the -with-mm is required to compile Moses with the dynamic suffix array.
You can find more info here:
http://www.statmt.org/moses/?n=Advanced.Incremental

I guess the reference paper is this one by Uli Germann:
Ulrich Germann. 20014. "Dynamic Phrase Tables for Statistical Machine
Translation in an Interactive Post-editing Scenario". AMTA 2014 Workshop on
Interactive and Adaptive Machine Translation. Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Cheers,
Marco