Don't have experience with EMS, but our Slate packages (Linux & Windows)
include both MGIZA and Moses binaries the same `$bin` folder and we set
the train-model.perl --external-bin-dir=$bin value and all other binary
path references to that one folder. The symal binary is the only
conflict file name. So, we use the one from Moses. From what we could
tell, they are essentially the same source but the Moses copy seems to
have been maintained/updated more recently. Also be careful because the
two versions are published under different open source licenses.

I don't know if this approach will work with EMS, but it is a simple
solution.

Tom