Dear Tom,

Thank you for sharing your finding. This does not apply in this case since
I re-compiled the code to build the initial Moses 4.0 model. Then moses
binary is not changed and even though I am observing different scores, they
are better when the alignment flags are included. I am waiting for de-en
results with "-print-alignment-info" flag.

I tried to debug some decentralized Moses server-client model before that
was encountering similar symptoms where the error could source from
additional sources such as the network being interrupted, issues with the
syncing of buffers etc. With a binarized version you get a translation, but
the translation options are somewhat fixed. Could Moses provide a better
translation? Turns out that truecasing before detruecasing improves the
scores by 0.002 BLEU for instance on average of 8 translation directions in
WMT18.

Regards,
Ergun
bicici.github.com