On Monday night when I drove up to the house on Quiggley Lake, I was greeted by
dueling Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers.  One was on my neighbor's house banging on
the metal cover for his chimney.  The other was on the other side of the house,
probably on a dead limb.  After a while, the one on the chimney cover moved
down to one of my wood duck houses (probably occupied by a some eggs, but not
yet a hen), and the one on the other side of the house moved up to the chimney
cover.

Tonight I grabbed my binocs when I heard a Nashville Warbler singing.  I could
not find it as it headed deeper into the woods.  A Mallard hen was out with her
seven new ducklings, and a Canada Goose was still on her nest, but five
gooslings were scurring about her.  Other first were Chimney Swifts and copes
gray treefrogs.  Dandalions are popping up in the yard, along with strawberries
and violets.   Mostly I am noticing a small white violets and very few of the
larger purple and violet colored violets.

swest...@comcast.net