Highlights this morning were 21 Short-billed Dowitcher and a Dunlin in a
flooded field, 3 Blue-winged(1 singing his secondary song), 12 Tennessee, 3
Blackpoll, and a Mourning Warbler at Rapids Lake MVNWR.   If it wasn't for the
warbler singing, I probably wouldn't have noticed them as they were especially
difficult to actually see.  Starting late last summer, the water has been far
too high at Chevalle wetlands for any shorebirds.   Last spring it was quite
productive, but this year I have only seen Solitary and Spotted Sandpiper there
besides Killdeer.