Rapids Lake MVNWR was fairly entertaining with a nice surge of Yellow
Warbler active again along the river this morning.  I counted 12+.  A
beautiful Prothonotary Warbler gave me the best look I have had of one
all year within 20 feet .   He was hanging out with 2 Blue-winged
Warbler and a couple Redstart just north of the first outlet channel on
the northeast side of Rapids Lake.  The only definite migrant of the
morning was a Black and White Warbler, though I suspect some of the
Yellow Warbler were migrants.    A Lark Sparrow was also still hanging
around along the road leading to the visitors center with some Vesper
Sparrow.    Both a juvenile and adult Great Horned Owl were out at the
refuge .    They were both in same area I usually see them, north of
the visitors center along the trail just south of Carver Rapids.    I
wouldn't have noticed the juvenile if he hadn't flown closer to
investigate me.   There were some Caspian Terns again on Rice Lake
along with
Pelican and Cormorant but no gulls.