10 birders had another great morning of birding at westwood hills nature
center today. among the 50 or so species we saw were 6 species of warblers
includng golden wing, nashville, b&w, redstart,c yellowthroat,? tennesee?,
also the best philadelphia vireo sitting
in the open. other highlight were immature bald eagle, and a young red tail
sitting on a log in the woods trying to figure out how he could catch the
chipmunk, red squirrel, and other birds that were harrassing it. fun!!! also
dozens of ruby throated hummingbirds that were chasing each other all over
the open areas we were birding. thanks to all who attended and look for my
post for next week.

                                                 good birding to all

                                                  vic lewis mtka &
scottsdale az