I apologize for belaboring this point, but several folks have contacted me
off list to insist that Great Horned Owls do not hawk insects. -

http://elibrary.unm.edu/sora/jrr/v022n03/p00093-p00093.pdf

<http://elibrary.unm.edu/sora/jrr/v022n03/p00093-p00093.pdf>Best,

Andrew Birch
Blackwater Lake - near Hackensack, MN