Crane Meadows (East of Little Falls 5 miles) had a guided bird outing on
Saturday. On the preserve, and next to it, 95 species were found. Birds of
note: Harris, White Crown, and White Throat Sparrows, Gold Winged Warblers,
Barred Owl, Great Horned Owl, Red headed Woodpecker. Warblers are still
coming in slowly and should pick up soon. I have 11 species to date. Shore
birds are just starting to show up in numbers. Water fowl have moved on with
only a token remnant left behind. Thrush population is low and I hope it
picks up this week. Will post if something significant happens.  Good day
Frank Gosiak,  Little Falls, Mn     Morrison County