I would add that we should not put out sugar water with red dye in it. Just
sugar and water - 4 parts water to 1 part sugar, or 3 parts water to 1 part
sugar. Too high a ratio of sugar to water can damage their kidneys and
livers. The nectar should be changed every 1 to 4 days, depending on the
weather conditions.

Rebecca Field