Jean-Marc Desperrier wrote:
Nelson B wrote:

[...].  mozilla treats SSL server certs like code
signing certs for java script served over https, IINM, [...]

I really don't believe so.
Well, it shouldn't be very difficult to test. If it works, I'll be amazed at how convenient it is, but it's just too convenient, they are many SSL Site on which I go that I don't trust to access all what signed js can access.

That is a policy of the application, not of NSS, BTW. I objected to it for the reason that the subjects of SSL certs are typically subjected to less authenticity checking than code signing certs, and this policy allowed the lesser assurance certs to be used as code signing certs. But the application folks seemed to want added convenience more than the added security, IMO.

--
Nelson B