Paul Sandoz wrote:
>         It is possible to extend expression types to include
>         an N peer boolean expression that contains a list of
>         expressions and applies the same operator to each.
>
>         Like a 'flatened' part of a binary tree:
>         'if (a | b | c | d)' instead of 'if (a | (b | (c | d)))'
>
>         (There are probably logical precedence rules to automatically
>         work out this sort of thing from a binary tree and group
>         leaf nodes. I bet its a one liner is lisp!).
>
>         Attached is some idl, does this 'express' a boolean
>         expression model for the GUI use cases you and
>         Matthew have 'expressed'?

That looks good to me.  Just to see if I understand... would the unary
node type be used for the leaf nodes in the tree?  where you'd have a
field name, a condition and a value?  e.g.("Sender", "contains",
"spambot")   Since you have an NPeer node, isn't the Binary node just a
special case of that?  Would it make things simpler to not have a Binary
node type and just use Unary and NPeer?  Or maybe I'm overlooking
something.

                                                The Amigo