Henrik Lynggaard wrote:
basically... (there are some exceptions like unicode converters, and I think we should consider fixing those....)

Fixing how

By defining them usefully in IDL.

Exactly. Most of the IDL files are incredibly poorly documented, though. And a lot don't clearly say what the thing does and how you would use it.

None should really say how you get one, since that's not part of the API.

how I get one ? Im not sure what you mean...

The IDL may define an "input stream object" -- what properties it has, etc. It doesn't tell you how you actually get an input stream.

-Boris