I wrote:
>>> What's even more important, the wiki source of some pages becomes
>>> unreadable, see [link 1] or [link 2] for example.
 [snip]
>>Again, if there's a better solution available, I'd love to know about
it.

>Nope, sorry. I'll try to write a greasemonkey script to work around
that.

Here we go: http://mozilla.doslash.org/stuff/fix_DevMo_links.user.js
Requires http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/ (Firefox extension).

It replaces the article name in wiki links ("[[...]]") with a dot, e.g.
on
http://developer-test.mozilla.org/docs/index.php?title=JavaScript:References:Core_JavaScript_1.5_Reference&action=edit
[[JavaScript:References:Core JavaScript 1.5
Reference:Objects:Array|Array]] becomes [[.:Objects:Array|Array]]. When
you click Submit or Preview, it replaces it back before submitting.

I think my other suggestions can be implemented in a similar way, if I
was right about mediawiki not supporting such extensions.

-Nick