Asa Dotzler wrote:

> resolving many thousands of duplicate reports is not a trivial
> task.  Neither is verifying the resolved duplicate reports.  And
> it's also a non-trivial task looking at all those duplicates and
> testing against them when trying to verify fixed bugs (which is
> almost always done on 3 different platforms).

Before anyone asks "why do you have to spend time verifing all the
duplicates?" it's because we've found that due to bug morphing, premature
("optimistic"?) dupe-ing, and dupe-ing a more specific bug to a more general
bug (wrong IMHO), a small but significant percentage of the duplicates turn
out not to get completely fixed when the supposed or partial duplicate does.

-Dan Veditz