Bob wrote:

> I only have Mozilla .8 and I too could not find a 'Xpcs Registry.dat'.

That's generated by the Netscape 6 AIM components, pure Mozilla builds won't
have that file (the post I responded to mentioned upgrading from N6 to
N6.01, and that file has gotten corrupted in a few cases in that situation).

> I tried renaming mozver.dat and mozregistry.dat but that made no
> difference.

These files are only used for install data; they don't make a difference to
startup and are ignored if missing or corrupt.

> When I tried running 'mozilla -ProfileManager' I got an
> error message that windows could not find that file or one of its
> components.

What file? That sounds like a windows error message which usually specifies
which .dll couldn't be found. The above is something you'd have to run as a
command line, from the mozilla directory (or you must have set your path to
include the mozilla directory).

If you've used the installer you'll have a start menu item for it.

-Dan Veditz