Aaron Andersen wrote:

> That has been my experience also.  The vast majority of netscape users didn't
> even know what the internet was until long after netscape stopped using mozilla
> on their website.  The few people I know who associate the green lizard with
> netscape also associate the name "mozilla" with netscape.

And that's been my experience, too.
I think the image we should immediately remove is the ship's wheel which is widely
known as Netscape Navigator logo. At the moment the old NS navigator logo is used in
both classic and modern skin. IMO we should find a different and better logo for our
browser and probably a new name, too.

> IMO, if we don't want to use the green mozilla because mozilla != netscape, we
> should have chosen a name for this project that had nothing to do with
> netscape.  As is, we have a web browser named after netscape's old mascot, but
> we aren't using the image of netscape's old mascot, even though netscape doesn't
> seem to care.  I think this is going to create more confusion than it solves.

This is my suggestion to solve the matter (and makes everyone happy :-) :
let's use the green lizard as logo for Mozilla-the-software-package and the orange
dino as logo for Mozilla-the-organization.
At the moment the word "mozilla" have different meanings: an organization, a
software, an architecture.
IMHO, using different logo's could make things clear.

Giovanni