> I have done some digging, and while Mozilla does indeed have editable
> regions and IFRAMEs, it looks to me (and to the testing I've done) like
> this can only be done through XUL.  From my knowledge of XUL, that would
> mean that it's not possible to embed that on a regular HTML page.
> (Since it's a server-side component, I don't have any control over what
> else is on the page. Similarly I can't rely on plug-ins being present or
> separate downloads of any kind.)

I have been working for a while on this problem myself.  So far I have been
trying to get the Range object to work correctly (as per the W3C
recommendation) so that I can add the necessary functionality.  I have
written an article on this that has an example of simple cut/paste/insert
operations at http://www.pbwizard.com/Articles/Moz_Range_Object_Article.htm.
I am hoping that within the month I can get a simple Rich Text Editor up and
running that is compatible with IE5+ and Mozilla.

--
Jeff Yates
e-mail:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]