Garth Wallace wrote:

> JTK wrote:
>
> > Garth Wallace wrote:

> >> Then leave.
> >
> > Leave?  What happened to "Open"?
>
> Just as you're free to contribute, you're free to go elsewhere.

Ok, then I choose to contribute, by pointing out obvious design flaws,
and possible ways in which they can be rectified.  I also choose to not
mince words, but tell it like it is, which may make the more sensitive
religious types uncomfortable.  And finally, I also choose to not
presume to implore others to leave, regardless of what nerves the truth
hits.

> And if
> you don't like it here, why stay?

Because I feel it is my responsibility.  Do you think doctors "like it
here" when they're checking somebody for prostrate cancer, or elbow-deep
in blood during surgery, or when all else fails, pulling the proverbial
plug?  Yet I have to assume that you would not be so presumptuous as to
ask them "why stay?".

> >> Nobody's stopping you. In fact, we're
> >> encouraging you.
> >
> > Ah, so you speak for the Body now?  For the People's Browser Party?  And
> > differing points of view need not apply?
> >
> > I knew that red star was there for a good reason....
>
> I'm speaking as one of the people who reads this group.

Not above you weren't.  You were speaking *for* the Group, the Body, the
People's Republic of Mozilla.

> And judging by
> the responses you get, I think I'm in the majority on this matter.

What you think in that wise is irrelevant.  You are not an "elected
official" here, are you?  You haven't been appointed by Netscape to
police these newsgroups for anti-Party activities and speak for the
Party, have you?  So I think *I'm* in the majority when I say that you
have no authority to speak for anyone but yourself when you claim that
"we're encouraging you" to not participate in this newsgroup.

> >> Go use Opera and bother them instead of us.
> >
> > "Bother"?  Laying out the facts is "bothering you"?  Yep, the truth can
> > sometimes sting a little, and the medicine is not always sweet.
>
> You're getting "facts" confused with "opinions" again. You should look
> them up.

You should look up one in particular, one that's been posted here in
fact: nobody's using Netscape 6 or Mozilla.  After three years.  Then
ask yourself "why?".