In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Georg Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hmm. Why ?

Because

* To whom is the possessive referring? Whose sidebar is it? If Mozilla
says it is "my" does it mean it is Mozilla's and not the user's?

* In general, commands are imperatives directed to the app/computer (the
user is the speaker, "I"). However, in dialog text the speaker is the
app--not the user. "My Sidebar" doesn't fit in dialog text. "Sidebar",
"the sidebar" or "the Sidebar" don't have this problem.

* Prefixing everything with "My " is silly (and Redmondian).

> I think "My Sidebar" is a proper name because its cosomizable?

Should anythng customizable be prefixed with "My "?

--
Henri Sivonen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]