I donīt think this is important enough to carry on about, but still :

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Georg Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

>> Hmm. Why ?
>

> Because
>
> * To whom is the possessive referring? Whose sidebar is it? If Mozilla
> says it is "my" does it mean it is Mozilla's and not the user's?

No, the user may call it "My sidebar" because it contains the stuff the
user wants and that may differ to what mozilla might put there.

> * In general, commands are imperatives directed to the app/computer (the
> user is the speaker, "I"). However, in dialog text the speaker is the
> app--not the user. "My Sidebar" doesn't fit in dialog text. "Sidebar",
> "the sidebar" or "the Sidebar" don't have this problem.

> * Prefixing everything with "My " is silly (and Redmondian).

Well, silly or not, the user needs something to identify with. What
users like about the products coming out of redmont is that they are
easy to use and that they got names easy to remember (and make the
costumer feel they got things under control). I know the mozilla guys
hate to see this, but if youīre going to reduce your whole product to
technical terms, (e.g. Calling the browser not navigater but browser,
calling the mailnews app just mail and news app or, like you plan to do
now, renaming "My sidebar" to "Sidebar"), it will never get recognized
by the general public, no matter of how good quality it is. I know itīs
not the original goal of mozilla to get known by the general public, but
still, do you want the praise only to go to Netscape when 6.5 will be
released or do you want mozilla to get known as a sucesfull open source
project ?

O.k. thatīs enough, because I feel so positive for mozilla in general,
thatīs just something I got to say.