Christopher Jahn wrote:

> And it came to pass that Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
>

> >Christopher Jahn wrote:

> >> GAHH! Your preference is the style I LOATHE.  Last time I
> >> tried using a Mac, I nearly beat the thing with a bat
> >> because of that behavior.  Then I did throw the thing
> >> accross the room when I realized there was no eject button
> >> for the floppy.
> >
> >You have three simple options for ejecting a Floppy (even
> >works for the Imation SuperDrive USB Drive and the G3/G4;
> >also works with Zip and Jaz Drives).
> >
> >Highlight the image of the floppy disk:
> >Command (Clover Leaf/Apple) Key - E (Eject) or
> >Command - Y (Put away) Or
> >
> >Drag image of floppy to Trash.
> >
> >DUHHHH!!!
> >
> >in case a disk gets stuck locate a small paper clip and
> >locate the small hole usually located where the eject button
> >would be on a PC Floppy insert in this hole and push. Pops
> >right out. Duhhh!
> >

> Call me a neanderthal, but WHAT'S WRONG WITH A GOOD OLD FASHINED
> MECHANICAL EJECT BUTTON, THAT WORKS EVEN IF THE COMPUTER SHUTS
> DOWN?

They didn't use a one to start with when Mac's Started because during
early Startup days Microsoft would sue the pants off any one that would
use equipment exactly the same as in a standard PC.

Also  there is a possibility of messing up a Floppy if it is being
written to while being ejected (by accident) this was another reason.
(Saving people from their own accidents or Stupidity).

> "Mac's are more user friendly" my ASS.

They are if  aperson makes an effort to become familiar with operating system.

A lot of Early Mac Users were PC users that tried a Mac and decided it
was better than what they were using.

> >Right click hasn't been an option on a Mac (One button mouse)
> >never needed it. So your getting PC's, and Mac's. Mac's have
> >always been able to use a two/three button mouse provided the
> >Driver (control panel) was setup for it (provide by Mouse
> >Maker). I find having to use a two or three button mouse
> >confusing.
> >

> >> They never did let me back into that Kinko's.  Serve's em
> >> right, Mac-loving scum.
> >
> >This is not a forum for Mac or PC Bashing.
> >

> No, you're right.  But I don't like them or their screwy
> "features'.
>
> >I worked for 17 years for a School system before retiring.
> >
> >I Have the same opinion personally for PC's as you do for
> >Mac's Every other day I was called to a school to reload all
> >the programs where some smart A.. kid had wipped out
> >DOS/W.3.1.1/W95 and I would have to reload it.
>
> Then you missed the best (and littel know trick) of all:
>
> rename the FORMAT  and DEL commands [really!]
> Create BATCH files with those names {FORMAT.bat and DEL.bat}
> have those batch file point at the renamed commands.
> Lock'em with a password.
>
> Let the buggers try their tricks NOW.
>

> >Yes at the time I knew the command to hide certain commands
> >but so did the kids. Never had that problem with a Mac. But
> >whatever floats your boat if you like Pc's fine that your
> >right.
> >
> >The worse problem for Mac's were because Mac's used Mice
> >before PC's (once PC's used them had the same problem) were
> >kids stealing Mouseballs. That was cured by adding some glue
> >to access door.
> >
> >> Once in awhile, there has been a glitch where you had to
> >> hold down the right-button.  But normal Netscape operation
> >> has always been to right CLICK, not right-HOLD.
> >>
> >> And I will personally beat to death anyone who attempts to
> >> change this behavior.  ;-)
> >> --
> >> }:-)       Christopher Jahn
> >> {:-(         Dionysian Reveler
> >>
> >> Brain fried -- Core dumped
> >>
> >> To reply: xjahnATyahooDOTcom
> >

> --
> }:-)       Christopher Jahn
> {:-(         Dionysian Reveler
>
> Brain fried -- Core dumped
>
> To reply: xjahnATyahooDOTcom

Phillip M. Jones, CET     |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street        |Who's Who. PHONE:540-632-5045, FAX:540-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809|[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]