In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I understand some Netscape people are work on Mozilla. But the latest
> Netscape 6 is based on Mozilla .6 which almost a year old.

Do you round 6 months to almost a year? Netscape 6 came out in November
2000.

> If Netscape was interested there would be an update by .1 or .01 each
> time mozilla came out with a new version.

If you don't want bad press, you can't just dump a Mozilla build in the
hands of the unsuspecting general public. Do you mean Netscape should be
doing rigorous QA all the time and slowing things down in the process?

Do you remember the effect the Netscape 6 bake period had on other
Mozilla-related work? Would you want various parts of the code to be
relatively frozen all the time and every check-in to be an excercise in
convincing people that the check-in is big-win/no-risk?

--
Henri Sivonen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]