Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. wrote:

>  > Ian Hickson wrote:
>

>  > On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, JTK wrote:
>  > >
>  > > I don't want to put anything in [the sidebar]. Well, "History", but
>  > >I'm sure that's RSN, right?
>  >
>  > As was mentioned multiple times by multiple people when you LAST
>  > brought this up, Mozilla already has a history sidebar.
>
>  > > It can display RDFs from your favorite sites (sometimes called
>  > > tickers), bookmarks, java apps, what have you.
>  >
>  > >Yay. Tell me Savior, how much XUL or Javascript or whatever do I
>  > >have to write to put something in there?
>
>  > >One line of JavaScript (which you can even place in the location bar
>  > >if you don't want to create a file). Since you are an intelligent man,
>  > >you shall surely be able to find what this line of JavaScript is
>  > >without too much trouble.
>
>  > >Two words Jesus: Nobody cares about some stupid 'sidebar' that
>  > >they're never going to be able to figure out how to "add stuff to"
>  > >
>  > >If nobody means me, then you are correct that I care about the
>  > >sidebar. If you don't want it, turn it off (hit F9). Problem solved.
>  > >
>  > >--
>  > >Ian Hickson                                      )\     _. -
> ._.)       fL
>  > >Netscape, Standards Compliance QA              /. `- '  (  `--'
>  > >+1 650 937 6593                                `- , ) - > ) \
>  > >irc.mozilla.org:Hixie _________________________  (.' \) (.' -'
> __________
>

> ahh! but remember if you turn off the sidebar there is no easy way to
> get to inbox folders or newsgroups. you "must" go to menu bar and locate
> the command to go to next folder or newsgroup or memorize the command to
> do; but doing that doesn't easily allow for skip or reading out of order.
>
> Unlike Communicator which has a Location Bar in which you click on a
> button on left side just above the window that subjects of emails
>
> There has been some talk back and forth on Bugzilla about it off and on
> for 6 months or more since I subbmitted and RFE Bug in Bugzilla.
>
> Think they've decided to to complicated to implement
>
> see below:
>

> --
> Phillip M. Jones, CET     |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
> 616 Liberty Street        |Who's Who. PHONE:540-632-5045, FAX:540-632-0868
> Martinsville Va 24112-1809|[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet
>
> If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!
>
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Not sure what you're talking of, but in mail/news, if i have the sidebar
deactivated, I still see the third pane with mail/news folders but not
the sidebar filled with my normal stuff (cnn, bookmarks, buddy list,
stuff i don't need while doing mail/news, etc.).

--
Albert

"We must have a better word than 'prefabricated'. Why not 'ready-made'?"
--Winston Churchill

If sending email, remove the obvious spam-preventer from my email address.