In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ZZT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What I don't understand, how mozilla 0.9x and Netscape Navigator 6.x
> coherent.

Netscape 6.1 PR1 is Mozilla 0.9.1 without Chatzilla and with Netscape
Instant Messenger, bundled plug-ins, Netscape partner stuff, branding
and marketing stuff.

> Somebody here who can tell me more about the philosophy behind
> this 2 productlines?

Mozilla is an open-source app with no appointed end user support channel
besides the general groups in the comp.infosystems.www.* hierarchy.

Netscape 6.1 will be a commercial product (end user price $0) with
Netscape's brand image and marketing requirements, specially appointed
support newsgroups and for-money services like, AFAIK, phone support.

--
Henri Sivonen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]