JTK wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">
Oddly enough, the world doesn't seem to be waiting for Mozilla.
Download the competition here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.htm
I guess you mean _Microsoft_ is not waiting for Mozilla. I would not really expect other browser manufacturers to stop producing product updates simply because Mozilla exists. From what I have been reading, nobody is really very thrilled by the IE6 release anyway - see, for example, the recent CNET review, including this cool jab:

"The bottom line: If you already run IE, this minor upgrade will keep you up-to-date, but there's no need to upgrade immediately. If you're a Netscape 6.1 fan, don't bother to switch."

(from http://www.cnet.com/software/0-3227883-8-6982030-1.html?tag=st.sw.8888.prmo.3227883-8-6982030-1 )

Personally, I find IE6 to be far inferior to their last Windows offering (IE5.5), though still quite usable.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">

Since Mozilla was at last count about 4x slower than IE5.5, and has
gotten slightly slower since then, can somebody please rerun those
numbers against IE6.0 and see how much worse off we are now? If those
numbers have already been run, as I suspect they have been, could they
please be published here?
Mozilla does not seem to be much slower than IE6 in my daily web usage (and I often run a debug Mozilla build too). I think I might notice if it was FOUR TIMES slower . Do you really see IE6 working 4 times faster than Mozilla in your own personal experience?

CNET's review of Netscape 6.1 (which performs on par with Mozilla) indicated that the performance nearly matched IE (referring to IE 5.5) - see for yourself at  http://www.cnet.com/software/0-3227883-8-6804817-1.html?tag=more

- marc