yeah, it's quite fascinating that these benchmarking
tools seem to place Netscape 6.1 so far behind, a fact
that is out of step with general day-to-day browsing
experience. It leads me to believe that IE's networking
and management of connections must be very unoptimized,
if IE can best Netscape 6.1 in closed-environment tests
but be slightly slower in regular daily use.

And these #'s from CNET are even more interesting if you
compare them to this paragraph from their Netscape 6.1
review:

"We recorded similar results in CNET Labs performance
tests , as well. In our Windows 2000 tests, in which we
load very complicated Web pages to push the browser to
its limits, Netscape 6.1 essentially kept pace with IE
5.5. In fact, in certain scenarios, *including loading a
large page comprising mixed text and graphics*, Netscape
6.1 completed the job up to one-third faster than IE.
Netscape didn't fare as well in our Windows 98 SE tests,
however: IE still beat it soundly every time."

So, they knew that Netscape 6.1 performed remarkably
better using Windows 2000, but for the IE6 review, 20
days after their Netscape 6.1 review, they tested using
Windows98.

--chris