dman84 wrote:

> This was working (long time ago) and will be back in.. I checked it out recently..
>
> not ready for adding back in, and may not make it in that soon.  Its definetly part
>of 1.0.
>
> > The biggest fault is lack of the Location bar in Mail and news in two
> > pane mode.
>
> Yes you can, try like closing it with View->Sidebar, and F9
>
> (You can't get rid of that %^&*@# IE like side bar so you can
> > have much more reading room.
>
> Sounds like you have problems with your Mac setup in general.. Try
> reinstalling your Mac OS and everything sometime, and try a new build,
> with a new profile (this is the most important part) and ns6.2 and get
> rid of the old stuff.

see reply to Henry. I always remove all traces of previous installes and
rebuild desktop before installing a new version.

As for the room. The problem is I "have to" use a 15" monitor due to
space constraints. even setting to 1024x768 doesn't help all that much.
because print then is so small its dificult to read.

> IN MOz/N6 in order to switch servers (for
> > mail) is to click on sidebar to open select the server then close the sidebar.
> >
> > Next on the Mac platform plugins are broken.
> >
> > The applications menu in preferences doesn't work on the Mac Platform.
> >
> > Moz/N6 doesn't allow for uses of embedded sounds (at least the Mac platform).
>

> > If you run across a newsgroup that uses old style layer tags which are
> > not allowed in MOZ/N6  the image flash on and off at a rapid rate and
> > the only way to get out of the post is to do a restart of the computer
> > (again the Mac platform). If someone has embedded the sound the console
> > appears but instead of the sound a window appears with raw code. (Mac Platform)
> >

> Did you check for a bug # on this?
>
> > Setting of threading and showing unread messages in email (at least for
> > Mac platform) still doesn't work right) They do have it working
> > correctly in newsgroups. They don't stick in email though.
> >
> > Even on a G4-500 with 1.5gb of system RAM its still about 3 times or
> > more slower to open up at start even with Communicator having tons of
> > Bookmarks, and system having tons of Fonts.
> >

> > If and when they get all the above fixed then it will truely be a
> > replacement to Communicator.
> >

> Well, try to query bugzilla for some related bugs and see if others have
> similar problems.. (try posting to n.p.m.mac and n.p.m.macOSX newsgroups)
>
> > But until then i will continue to test Moz and N6. And I will continue
> > to use Communicator until verstion 5.9.9.9.9 or until such time as the
> > above issues are addressed.
> >

> > Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> >
> >>What in particular makes 4.x better than 6 for the users?
> >>Also, given that netscape is focused on netscape 6, why do they still
> >>even bother to support 4.x?
> >>

> I use it cause I'm on dialup, and it renders much faster and gives me
> mail witch I upgraded from NC4.76 to N6.0 and have not gone back.. mail
> works better in ns6.2 with a ton of mail/news fixes since ns6.1 came
> out.  They do support it like others said for corporate features that
> are in Ns4.x that are not yet implemented in Mozilla/Netscape 6.x

Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:275-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/america/default.htm
http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm