> Phillip,
>
> If you would like to know which plug-ins are installed in Mozilla go
> to the menu bar and click on "Help" and then "About Plug-ins". This
> will list all the installed plugins and let you know if they are
> enabled or not. Knowing if a plug-in is enabled or not is useful for
> plug-ins such as Quicktime which can be configured to for many mimme
> tpyes such as Shockwave. BTW I find Quciktime is more reliable for
> playing Shockwave than the Shcokwave plug-in.  When I click on "About
> Plug-ins" I believe all my plug-ins appear in the list. Is there a
> remote chance you accidently installed the plug-ins in the "Search
> Plug-in" folder and rather than the "Plug-ins" folder.
>
> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
>

>> Travis Crump wrote:

>>> Although I have never used Mozilla on Mac, in my experience automatic
>>> plugin detection doesn't work and plugins need to be manually added to
>>> the mozilla/./plugin folder.  I forget how you figure out which files
>>> you need to copy in there since I just copy my plugin folder from one
>>> build to another, but I am sure someone else will know...  This does not
>>> mean that plugins are 'broken', Mozilla just doesn't know you have them
>>> until you tell him.
>>>

>> If they are placed in plugins folder how do you tell Moz or Netscape Mac
>> that they are in the folder?
>>
>> In Communicator if a plugin is in the folder once the application is
>> quit and restarted the plugin shows up in the  edit > preferences >
>> Navigator > applications menu.  see example  attached  (gif). To have to
>> figure out what mime type to work with maually is dumb Quicktime for Mac
>> alone handles 50 different Mime types.
>>
>> Besides maually adding a mime type you can try a Mime type (assuming you
>> know description and other stuff. Once entered it disappears as soon as
>> click okay. and the exercise is for naught.

Note: Quicktime plugin is installed once in the Plugins folder of
Mozilla and N6.

Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:275-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/america/default.htm
http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm