On Fri, 07 Dec 2001 07:47:15 -0500, Jonas Jørgensen wrote:

> Chocobo_greens wrote:
>
>> Why on earth did the developers choose such a blatantly political (and
>> many cases offensive) symbol? is their intention to offend or insult?
>> millions of people have been killed in the name of that symbol, even
>> today thousands others are brutally  slaughtered and here we see a
>> group for some strange reason embracing this. There are places where
>> the presence of a red star makes you a pariah, do you not want these
>> people to use mozilla? for no falut of their own..
>>
>> Is mozilla communist or are the developers? or are they just sick
>> individuals who think it is funny that people have died? you should at
>> least have the decency to have version without the political images.
>

> You seem to be confused about what communism is. Communists think that
> everyone should be equal and that noone should be allowed to have
> billions of dollars on their bank account when other people can't even
> afford food to eat or a place to sleep. The terrible régime in the
> Soviet Union had very little to do with communism. Unfortunately almost
> everybody in America think about death, violence and terror when they
> hear the word communism.

no actually i am not confused , and this discussion is not about politics but about
options.  I am fully aware of the utopian idead of communism (as you put
it).
That brings me back to my point though, the Redstar may not necessarily
be the symbol of "communism" but is the symbol of those who killed
million in its name today and in the past.
 Which is even more reason to get rid of the icon. If mozilla must have a
red star, they can make it look non communist too.