On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 21:20:02 +0100, Chocobo_greens wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Dec 2001 12:24:06 -0500, Jonas Jørgensen wrote:
>
>> Parish wrote:

>>> <sigh> This is so familiar. The FreeBSD (and presumably Net- and
>>> Open-BSD) mailing lists get regular threads complaining about the use
>>> of the Devil (or Satan) as their logo because it is offensive to
>>> Christans and other creeds, and that if they changed it then many more
>>> people would use the OS.....
>>

>> And penguins can be offensive to fish-lovers. Hey, OpenBSD uses a fish
>> as it's logo! Maybe Linux uses a penguin because it wants to beat
>> ("eat") OpenBSD? Never thought of that before... ;-)
>>
>> Stars, devils, penguins, fishes - it's just logos. Let's end this
>> thread and do something useful.
>>

> can you show mw one person killed in the name of a Penguin? i can show
> you millions under the mozilla red star

You picked out the penguin example nicely, as opposed to the devil logo
which represents the ultimate evil to christians, correct? Not too shabby
either, i'd say.

You know, while the application icon just looks plain (ugly) the whole mozilla theme
(the communist art) looks nice and has a quite appropriate feeling to it
(depending on your view of communism).

again: