Jonathan Wilson wrote:

>  From what I have seen with things like favicon.ico and other things not
> really.
> Accually, its probobly more like this:
> The engineers and coders do care about the browser and want to make it
> better (no, reading favicon.ico when first loading the page even if not
> asked to by the user with no way to turn it off is not better)
> But on the other hand, we have the managers and marketing department
> plus the people at AOLTW that seem not to care about the product known
> as mozilla and also as netscape 6. What I dont understand is just what
> AOLTW or netscape corp accually gains out of this favicon.ico thing.

What do they gain out of *any* of Mozilla?  It's a complete and utter
failure after, what, five *years* of work, the laughingstock of the
computing world, and yet they still drag the dead carcass along.  And
then to top it off they slap a commie star on it apparently as some sort
of sick joke.

In all seriousness, somebody answer me this: other than crash-wise,
which I'll grant you is much improved, is today's Mozilla *any*
different than it was at Netscape 6.0-time?  I notice no significant
difference.  The mail composer is still an unusable joke, without even
*NOTEPAD* quality editing features (PLEASE somebody "challenge" me on
that one).  The "cache" does nothing more than serve up week-old
"news".  The XUL is just as slow.  The 1.0 performance release criteria
that Hixie, Jesus X, myself, and even Gervase Markham worked on
(summary: 1.0 must be at least HALF AS SLOW as either IE OR Netscape,
whichever is SLOWER) have been thrown in the shitter, once again in
deference to a date on the calendar "by which we must dump something on
the unsuspecting public, steaming or otherwise".  The... ah why the hell
do I bother, nobody here cares enough about this project to put it to
sleep, let alone make it good.  Makes me ill.