JTK wrote:

> Re: RealOne and Mozilla
>
> JTK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Sun, 23 Dec 2001 04:08:31 -0600

> netscape.public.mozilla.general
>

> Oh God, do NOT install that thing.  It wants to steal every godforsaken
> file association the Real programmers have ever heard of for itself.
> Not unprecedented you ask?  Get this:  it runs a process in the
> background (REALLY in the background, no tray icon or anything, must be
> a service on Why2K/XP) so that when you change it to the way you want it
> - THIS THING WILL STEAL THEM BACK.  AND IT GIVES YOU NO CHOICE, it just
> tells you, "I'm stealing 'em back, tough break sucker", no cancel
> option, nothing.  I shit you not.
>
> Does anybody know of some way to get away from the outrage that is the
> RealPrivacyInvaderAndAssociationStealer Company?  Every damn video you
> see is .rm, and the ones that aren't are "Windows Media" and are about
> half the quality.  Are there *ANY* free or even pay RealMedia players
> around that don't invade your privacy, steal your associations, etc etc
> etc?
>
> Shawn Neumann wrote:
>
>>I read somewhere recently that Real was deciding between Opera and
>>Mozilla for it's embedded browser on it's upcoming RealOne platform.
>>Anyone heard anything on this?  I would be very interested to know how
>>this one is going to pan out...
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Shawn

I just installed the RealOne player( the free one, of course) , and
after  I unselected a thousand(!!!) checkboxes (the file assocs),
eveything is fine. Mp3 is still played by Winamp.
Supposing user installation fault to be the problem. :D
What's the background's process name ???? :)) I don't see anything
suspicious.Using Win2K.

<<< No motto >>>