Blake Ross wrote:
> [...]
> You're thinking too much like a highly technical user and not enough
> like a mom and pop end user.  The idea that most users would stop using
> a Mozilla-based distribution because its back/forward performance is
> slightly worse than that of IE is ridiculous.  Most users likely would
> not even identify the distribution as the source of the problem,
> assuming instead that it's some problem with their "system".

The average "mom and pop" end user wouldn't bother trying Mozilla
or any of its derivatives, but stay with the browser that came with
the OS.  Those of us who install alternate browsers do it because
we're not satisfied with our current browsers, and expect
improvements by changing to another one.
Therefore, back/forward performance _is_ an issue for Mozilla's
potential users, although I'm not so sure if it's _the_ #1 problem..