Nigel L wrote:

> Many will be aware of a war being waged by AOL against an alternative
> chat/messaging client. This is at the same time AOL launches legal
> proceedings for anti-competitive practices...

I have not really completely formed an opinion on this yet (I'm going to
wait for this to run on a bit longer), but  so far I'm supporting AOL. I
mean it's their network. Do they have some obligation to allow 3rd party
applications to undermine their system? They have created their own IM
network, and I think that they have the right to ask users to use the
AOL software. I don't think it's anti-competitive.