"Bundy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:<gSp78.83089$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> Take a look at all the things that Opera can do with far less code and a
> much faster browser. That is the approach Mozilla should take, speed not
> bells.

   For what it is, Opera is an excellent product. It's small fast and
simple. But there already is an Opera so there's no need for Mozilla
to duplicate that effort.

   Mozilla was designed by the community, and the community wanted a
platform including browser/mail/news/chat/composer/etc. along with a
mechanism for building other applications with xml/DOM. When people
finally realize just how powerful this thing is, I think the world
will sit up and take notice.

   Personally, I'm glad it's being done the way that it is and I think
most people involved agree.

--Bill