"Bundy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
gSp78.83089$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:gSp78.83089$[EMAIL PROTECTED], on 04 Feb
2002:

> Take a look at all the things that Opera can do with far less code
> and a much faster browser. That is the approach Mozilla should
> take, speed not bells.

If Opera were like 3 times faster than Mozilla, I could see your point.
But it's not.  On my systems, Mozilla is not perceptably slower than NC
4.x or Opera (this is on Win 2k and Linux).  On Win 2k, Mozilla is not
perceptably slower than IE.  There are some minor exceptions, stuff like
DHTML performance, but those are being addressed.  Opera is a tiny bit
faster, and has almost none of the features of Mozilla.  No themes.
Nothing like Mozilla's mail/news client.  Composer, integrated IRC chat,
Javascript and DOM debuggers, not to mention top of the line standards
complience.  Opera is a good light browser.  Comparing it to Mozilla
though is like saying one TV is better than another because it turns on
faster, not including that one is a big screen with 5.1 surround sound
and all the bells and whistles and the other is a 13" meant for hanging
in the kitchen

--
ICQ: N/A (temporarily)
AIM: FlyersR1 9