Try quiting Moz/N6/ Communicator/whatever then going to printer setup
from Control Panels (I believe I'm right on this been a while since I
looked at PC side of things.) go to printer Setup and try setting to A4 there.

That should make it systemwide.  Then go back to
Moz/N6/Communicator/Whatever and see what is set.

Report back with results.

Parish wrote:

> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. wrote:
>  > I don't know about PC/UNIX side of things but, Page size (Print) Mac is
>  > the responsibility of the print Driver/Chooser file for the printer.
>  > Communicator/Moz/Netscape 6 add specific items; but page size is not the
>  > browser's part.  The browser typically  sets: Header and footer items
>  > whether they print left, right, Center. Whether backgrounds are printed.
>  > And whether "fit to page", is turned on or off. Nothing else.
>  >
>  > Page size is detremined between the Printer, Print driver and the
> Computer.
>  >

> Hmmm, Moz appears to be "interfering" with that on Windows (W2K at least).
>
> I just printed out this message, File->Print, then clicked the
> Properties button next to the printer list drop-down, then, on the next
> dialogue (the layout may vary here depending on your printer - mine's an
> HP 610C), clicked Advanced on the Layout tab and the paper size was
> Letter. I changed it to A4, printed the message, then did File->Print
> again, checked the properties and the paper size had reverted to Letter.
>
> I found a pref, print.use_global_printsettings, which is set to "false".
> I tried changing that to "true" (and restarting Moz) but it made no
> difference.
>
>  > On modern USB HP Printers when runing the Driver file(s) The installer
>  > ask whether to set A4 or 8-1/2 x11 as default setup. (at least the
>  > installer for the 990cse Does).
>  >
>  > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>  >>
>  >> Hello,
>  >>
>  >> is there a way to set the default paper size to a4? Mozilla doesn't
>  >> remember a thing about the paper size.
>  >>
>  >> Thanx
>  >>
>  >> Christoph
>  >
>  >

> --
> Software is like sex, it's better when it's free  - Linus Torvalds
>
> Anti-spam e-mail address, change _AT_, sorry for the inconvenience

Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:276-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/america/default.htm>
<http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm>