"WDA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
snip

> This is one of many reasons when, after purchasing Windows XP and
> installing it, I un-installed it and throwed it in the garbage.  I've
> never regretted it.  I use Windows ME and don't have to work with that
> type of bad OS behavior.  A user shouldn't have to go in and tweak the
> OS to have it operate properly with non-Microsoft software.

    What tweaking? I'm on of the few folks that Zone Alarm doesn't work for.
Last I heard no amount of tweaking has helped with a particular problem and
no one seems to know what causes it. But I got lots of non-Microsoft
software and I just installed it and it worked. - Seems there was one that
needed the check for 98 or 95 compatable mode - is that tweaking?

> Wayne Alligood/Amelia Island, Florida
> Compaq Computer running Windows XP/ Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> "Words rightly spoken are like apples of gold in pictures of silver."

    Running out of the garbage?