David Tenser wrote:
 > Blake Ross wrote:
 >>> Does this mean that they haven't had the time to add this feature in
 >>> four years?
 >>
 >> No, it means that few of Mozilla's distributor's customers have been
 >> clamoring for it, and thus it's not a priority.  Why would a feature
 >> be added because a bug filer wanted it?  Do you think that's how
 >> things work in other software projects?
 >
> In other words, the only way to get a feature implemented is to keep on
> posting it as a bug, which will lead to more overhead work for the poor
> guys who have to wade through the duplicates every day.

I think what he means is that it's up to each Mozilla contributor to
decide what they want to work on. The people who are payed by Netscape
to work on Mozilla works on whatever Netscape feels is important.
Netscape, apparently, does not feel that this feature is high priority,
so the Netscape people work on something else instead. If you want this
feature now, you'll have to write it yourself. Sorry, but that's just
the way things work.