Brian Heinrich wrote:
> Chris Charabaruk wrote:
>
>> I'm not American either, they just dictate our policies. Merely for
>> the fact that they are our neighbours to the south. As far as I
>> consider it, Ottawa is merely a puppet of D.C., which is a puppet
>> itself to filty money.
>>
>> Chris
>>

>> Bamm Gabriana wrote:
>>
>>> Um, I can't really follow these sort of discussions because I'm not
>>> an American. What I do know is that American foreign policy is
>>> what keeps third world countries in the third world.

> OK, so there's a bit too much nesting going on here, but:
>
> Hey, Chris:  I live in /Alberta/, fer crying out loud; people here think
> this /is/ America.
On the other side of a nice poluted body of water is New York State. I'm
a 20 minute bike ride from Toronto, heh. If it wasn't for our
multi-colored currency, this probably would be America. Just the thought
of that sickens me, I'm proud to be Canadian. (TM by Molson, I think)

> I'm largely in agreement with Bamm:  U. S. foreign policy /and/ the IMF
> have done a wonderful job of keeping Third World countries in the Third
> World.  Hell, they've even /created/ Third World countries (/e.g./,
> modern-day South Africa).  And look at the lovely job they did in
> Nicaragua.  /Et cetera/.
Where do I sign my name to be on that list, too? I also am in agreement
with that point.

> What I've never been able to figure out, though, is how on earth their
> own puppets and strong-men end up turning against them; Osama bin Laden
> is just the most obvious and most recent of a very long line.
Let's not forget others such as Saddam Hussein. Washington loves playing
Dominos out in the middle east.

> Which, of course, makes one wonder just what's behind this new push for
> a Middle East peace process, let alone the U. N. Security Council's
> resolution in favour of the creation of a separate Palestinian state.
Or the Isreali government's hatred of such a nation, propelling them to
attempt, at least in my opinion, the emulation of those who oppressed
them six decades ago.

> But I digress . . . and this is probably /not/ the most appropriate
> place for political discussions anyway. . . .
No, heh... But there is no netscape.public.mozilla.politics group yet,
so I guess this is the place for this. :)

Chris

--
Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk <ccharabaruk.meldstar@com>
<http://www.meldstar.com/~ccharabaruk/>

This message double ROT-13 encrypted for additional security.