jukola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mozilla? Mozilla is still a software. Information about what happened to
> Mozilla is enough. My computer name has nothing to do with it.

How are you in a position to say that?  I can think of several possible
interesting situations that could be revealed by the name of the machine.
For instance, it could reveal that no DHCP lease had been obtained, thus
leading to a bug being filed about "Mozilla crashes when user machine does
not have valid IP".  Or, it could be set to a null string, revealing the bug
"Mozilla crashes when gethostname() evaluates to empty string".  Someone
asked why Talkback might want the username... there's a pretty big difference
between running something as "User" and running something as "Administrator".

If Talkback had some horrible secret agenda, then it wouldn't be telling YOU
what its sending in the crash reports.  Its a mutual-openness thing.  Nobody
forces you to use Talkback, and if you feel that The Man(tm) is adding super
secret information like the name of your machine and what printer driver you
use to his UberDatabase, then just don't use them.

But the simple fact is, effective bug diagnosis always requires MORE
information, not less.

--
Brandon Hume    - hume -> BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca/
                       -> Solaris Snob and general NOCMonkey