Here is Kryptolus' reply, in case you still haven't seen it.

[begin quote]
There are problems associated with only certain series of CPUs or maybe
certain series of drivers supplied for a certain printer. You never
know. That way it is possible to see if people with CPU X have a
tendency to have more problems and people with CPU Y have a tendency to
have another problem. etc.

If you have ever used bugzilla, you will find that the talkbacks are
good contributors. If 10 people are crashing, it can be used to find a
common factor of those 10 people using various data.

But the most important point is that it's optional.
If you don't want to use it, don't!
[end quote]

Let me add, if a crash happened while you were printing, then
the kind of printer you have is important in analyzing the crash.

Even if you were not printing, it is possible for Mozilla to have
a conflict with some kinds of printer drivers, causing crashes
even when you aren't doing anything.

Of course, not only the printer is relevant, but the rest of your
hardware as well.

These information help developers know which environments
cause frequent crashing and help them solve it.

Personally, I am willing to send my hardware information just
so developers can fix things up for my kind of hardware.

Other people are not willing, they might as well not use the
beta versions of Mozilla if they aren't willing to help. Better
wait for 1.0 and use it as an end user.

"Binaries are released for testing purposes only."