On Saturday 16 March 2002 5:52 am, Peter Lairo wrote:

[snipped]
> The damage the UN and kofi anan has done recently in isreal - pushing
> for an independant palestinian state - shows how blindly desparate
> many are to have the *appearance* of peace. Who cares who is right
> (the Israelis) and who is/was the aggressor (the Palestinian). And
> who cares if this UN imosed "peace" will cause much more suffering of
> the innocent down the road. Oh, an the Germans are generally
> sypathetic to the palestinians - so much for learning from history.
> They want peace so desperately, they will blindly root for who
> *appears* to be the underdog. It's unbelievable how blind people can
> be in their desire to have all problems just go away.

Peter, you have been ranting on for a number of postings, none of which
are relevant to the topic that started this thread.  I am prepared to
accept that you have your (mistaken) point of view and I have my
(correct) point of view, but this doesn't get us any further
forward..:o))

Can we leave this thread, which has no place in a mozilla mailing list?
 I am quite prepared to debate this with you but off-list please...
--

Graham