Werner Purrer wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 05:09:42 -0400, "Johnny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>What language is that?
>>
>>looks great, i really do want to learn that one.
>>
>>johnny
>
> Thats my native language, German, believe me you don´t want to learn
> that unless you have ten years too much in your life... Japanese must
> be easier to grasp I guess.

I beg to differ. At least German's vocabulary is somewhat related to
that of English. Japanese does borrow a lot of English words, but they
tend to change the meaning in strange ways (e.g. "sutoubu", which comes
from the English "stove", actually means "space heater". The term for
cooking stove is "gasureinji", which is the Japanese pronunciation of
"gas range"). And the grammar is completely different from that of any
Indo-European language.