Am 24.03.2002 19:06 schrieb Ben Bucksch:
> In writing, we are even closer to "High German". I have no problem
> reading even Austrian websites, apart from some "strange" (for me) words
> used.

Yes, that's why I said "in a written form".
There is a difference between written and spoken language, of course. I
myself speak a fairly normal german, but it's still not a pure
Hochdeutsch in the spirit of - let's say - the Goethe Institut... :-) so
when I talk people might recognize where I come from, but this is of
course not (or should not be) the case with my writing. ;-)

- Holger