Sören Kuklau wrote:

> On 3/23/2002 5:35 PM, Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. apparently wrote exactly
> the following:
> >  neign spchen de dutche.  <grin> (I have a friend that has a german -
> > actually Austrian - wife. I'm unsure of the spelling but the  phrase for
> > Don't speak German is something like the above.)
>
> Lol. That sentence has absolutely nothing to do with German.
>
> > If I've mangled the spelling forgive me.
>
> Absolutely. You've written something like "dN#T seap Garmn" ;-)
>
> The "spchen" might be "sprechen", and "dutche" is probably meant to be
> "deutsche" or "deutsch" or so.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Sören Kuklau ('Chucker')
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Your correct!

Like I said I've forgotten the the spelling.

Basically, it was supposed to say "I don't speak German", or don't speak
German, or "can't speak German" something the neighborhood.

Doesn't the two words together (sprechen deutsche) above mean something
like : DO you Speak German?

My friend wife notes there are two versions  (dialects) of German,
regular German, and High German. That, there some words in each version,
that are not in the other. And that pronounciation can be different. And
that Austria tend to use one version while, Germany tends to use the
other, although they both know each version and can speak them as needed.
Phillip M. Jones, CET      |MEMBER:VPEA (LIFE) ETA-I, NESDA,ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street         |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:276-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112-1809 |[EMAIL PROTECTED], ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/america/default.htm>
<http://www.kimbanet.com/~pjones/message/default.htm>